A successful career as a designer involves 5 key ingredients.
- Talent is the foundation. Recognize it. Cultivate it.
2. Passion—you must be driven. You must love what you do. If you don’t have passion, then your work will reflect it.
3. Inspiration—If you are not inspired, then you are not creating. Surround yourself with things that inspire you—music, food, weather, movies. Whatever inspires you, make sure it’s a part of your everyday life.
4. Opportunity—This is a unique ingredient to success in that you may feel that “opportunity” is out of your control. But if you have talent and cultivate it, and your passionate, and you are inspired, and your work reflects it, then you WILL get an opportunity. The key is to be ready for it!
5. Perseverance—The single most important ingredient to success…is to NEVER give up. Keep doing, creating, growing. It’s not easy, but well worth it.